Important Information and Forms
Materials and Forms Required by the District to Tryout
- Completed Physical Examination Form
- Updated Medical History on File
- Signed/Initialed Concussion Form
- Completed Initial Screening Questionnaire
- Completed Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19
Materials Required by CWMS Cheerleading Coaches to Tryout
- When will tryouts be?
- Tryout materials will be posted online for you to access and learn the material before the actual tryout dates. Materials will be posted on Monday, April 19.
- Tryout videos need to be emailed to Ms. Marion by Wednesday, April 21 at 6:30pm.
- Where can I find the tryout materials?
- The tryout materials will be posted on Monday, April 19.
- What am I going to be required to do at tryouts?
- You will be required to perform the cheer, the dance, and a jump of your choice (i.e. toe-touch, herkie, pike, hurdler, etc.)
- You have the option to perform a tumbling pass (i.e. cartwheel, round-off, back-handspring, etc.), but you will not have a spotter, so make sure you choose something you can successfully complete. You are not required to tumble.
- How many girls will make the team?
- Due to social distancing guidelines, we will be adding between 12 and 14 girls to the team. Anymore than that will make it much more difficult to maintain social distancing.
- When will I find out if I made the team?
- A team list by student lunch number will be posted on the evening of April 23 on the sixth grade carline side of the gym.
- What if I don’t make the team?
- If you don’t make the team, please don’t be discouraged. As we said above, only 12-14 girls will make the team, meaning tryouts are going to be very competitive. If you are a rising seventh grader, please tryout again next year. If you are a rising eighth grader, please tryout for the high school team next year.
- If you or your parents would like to discuss YOUR tryout (what you did well, what could be improved upon, etc.) I would be happy to discuss these things with you. I will not, however, discuss anyone else’s performance with you.
- Please do not contact any of the coaches prior to Monday April 26. Allow yourselves time to process before you say or do something you might later regret.